Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, For today's All about:_____ series post, I'll be talking about another one of my favourite dancers from the past, Dame Gillian Lynne! Although she died quite recently, I honestly think that through reading her autobiography, A Dancer in Wartime, Gillian is a very inspirational dancer and person. I wrote a whole review on The Book Hub of her book if you would like to find out more. It's really interesting! Born as Gillian Barbara Pyrke in Bromley, Kent, on the 20th February, 1926, Gillian was noticed at a very young age for her natural dance talent. After underperforming at school, Gillian's mother took her to the doctors to receive answers for her fidgeting and lack of focus during lessons. When her mother and the doctor left the room for the appointment, Gillian couldn't help dancing and moving to the music that filled the room from the radio. When the doctor consequently returned, there was only one simple s...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜