How to handle negative people, motivational Monday- Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

There have been so many times in my life where I've felt beaten down by someone or a group of people. Especially being a dancer, you've got to have a thick skin because otherwise you can become very feeble against people. Quite recently, I went on a dance trip to Manchester. I really 100% enjoyed my time there and for the most part, people were really nice and I loved the positive morale the students at Manchester had on me. However, I couldn't stop sensing a little bit of jealousy with this one girl who went on the trip. 

After executing a contemporary routine really well, I could tell she was annoyed because she picked out every little thing that I supposedly said wrong. For example, since we were doing a commercial workshop with one of our professional dancers at the school next, I said "i'm really excited about the street workshop," and the girl's response to this was "it's actually not a street workshop, it's a commercial street workshop" in a really snarky way. 

Later, she also had a go at me later one when she was in my group and we had to choreograph our own pieces. I was trying to get on and I was coming up with quite a lot of ideas and she had a go at me because apparently I was not letting others have a say in what they would like to add to the routine. Despite the fact that when I asked her afterwards what she wanted to add, she said she didn't know. Unfortunately, I think largely to do with this row, we didn't end up doing too well in that last workshop. It just goes to show, the extent people will go to to try and bring you down. However, I was really proud of the way I dealt with it because I still got on with the routine and let the whole situation wash over me. When I'm in that situation, I also tell myself, if I didn't understand english, then the horrible things that that person said to me would be jibberish and meaningless. I also think it's really important to stand up to these people, this is partly the reason I've come on here to talk about that particular event, I'm proving not only to her but also to myself that I won't stand for that rubbish.

At the end of the day, she didn't win because I did have a good time at Manchester and I think the students at that school enjoyed having me there and that is all I could ask for. I wish I could put this girl's name on here and prevent her from just unnecessarily annoying otheer people but I'm going to be the bigger person and respect her privacy. I recommend others do the same, and be the bigger people from the haters.




Hope you are all strong enough now to deal with the haters. I believe that you can do it! Share this post with others who need to the help! 📣

Have you ever had to deal with haters/negative people? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette ☺

Comment,follow and subscribe to see more fabulous content like this!

My trip to Manchester post:
Manchester dance trip

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday