What I did in Manchester- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Earlier this week, I went on a dance trip set up by my lovely dance teacher at school, to Manchester. We left at around 2:10pm on a Thursday and it took us around 5 hours to get to our hotel. Yes I know, it was a very exhausting trip. It was made even more exhausting because some of the girls decided to bring in a loud speaker and play rap songs. Nevertheless, I did jam out to a few of them that I knew! We did stop at a McDonald's on the way there but I forgot to take my purse with me from the bus so my friends let me eat a few of their fries.  

After around 30 minutes, aimlessly searching for the hotel and a decent parking spot, we finally got up to our rooms on level 3. We didn't expect them to be that fancy but they were actually really nice. We had a lovely big bathroom with an actual bath and a kitchen with a large fridge and a decent oven. The view was also pretty cool. Although there was a lot of building work because Manchester is an industrial city, we could also see all the lit up buildings and cranes in the distance.

At around 8pm, we gathered together to go and get dinner at Frankie and Bennie's. We were aloud to get whatever we wanted because we were paying for it ourselves. I got a 10 inch pizza with a large tango orange. Me and my friends also shared a large bowl of doe balls with dips between us. It was very nice!

After stopping at a small shop to get some snacks, we went back to the hotel room and got changed into our pyjamas. I also took the time to sort out my suitcase and day bag because I had just stuffed everything into it in a hurry. We then watched a film and ate snacks then brushed our teeth and went to bed at 11:00pm.

At 6:30am, we woke up to ensure we had enough time to get ready by 8:00am. I had a bowl of cereal and a pain au chocolat for breakfast. After some scrambling to clear everything up from last night, we were finally ready and we met everyone downstairs at the reception.

It took around 30 minutes to get to the school and when we got there, we realised how much bigger it was than ours. It had a middle school and an upper school to house all 1,500 students. Our school had just under 1,000 pupils. I was worried about getting lost at my school at the start of year 7, I wonder how I would have survived at their school. To top it all off, they also went to a competition the day before a came 4th place. We were all pretty amazed!

After a good walk around the school, we finally arrived at the dance studio. It was a lot bigger than our studio at school. We got ourselves ready and before we knew it, all the dancers from the school piled in. We noticed that they wore a lot more makeup than us and shorter skirts. Our school is definitely a lot more conservative than theirs. 

The first workshop we did was a commercial warm up which was lead by one of our professional dancers at our school. It was very tiring since we did a lot of cardio exercises with planks and press ups. Then we did a jazz workshop with my dance teacher. We did a routine from Sing the musical. We did added a lot of stylistic features from Bob Fosse. After that we did a contemporary workshop with the teacher at their school. I liked this one and I thought the routine that we did to Adele, Rolling in the Deep was really good. I got a round of applause after showing it to the students. We also did a fun commercial street workshop after that held by the professional dancer at our school. The routine was to Beyonce's, Why Don't You Love Me? It was sassy and fun. To finish off, we worked in groups with the dancers at their school and came up with our own routines based on a text we were given. It didn't go exactly to plan since we didn't have a lot of time but nevertheless, it was still fun.

After that, we took another 5 hour bus journey back to Cambridge. We had a lot of fun on this trip and were all really grateful to be given the opportunity to dance in Manchester.

The view from our hotel room



Have you ever been to Manchester? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX,Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Finding something new to study

Amy and Karim's amazing foxtrot and Emma and Anton's beautiful foxtrot - Dance Saturday