The story of the stone in Croatia- Lifestyle Monday


Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I challenged myself a lot throughout my holiday in Croatia. Not only did I face my fear of heights but I also faced my fear of the ocean I guess! I love to swim but I think, like most people, I dislike swimming where I cannot see the bottom. I thought in Croatia, the water would be really murky but it's actually really clear. I thought I would be scared but the water was actually quite inviting. 

At the start of our stay, my mum told us about her travels and how she always collected a stone from each place she's been to, like Switzerland etc. Since it was my first time being in Croatia, I wanted to do the same. We were sat on the beach talking so I tried looking for a stone then and there but they didn't feel special (Yes I know, very deep!), so I decided to wait a while since we still had two weeks left.

Towards the end of our stay, we went to the beach of Rabac since it was our favourite beach to go to and we wanted to savour our last moments. We put on sun cream and our goggles, since we wanted to dive, and set off for the ocean! Me and my dad went off to a deep-ish part and I noticed my dad diving to the bottom. On his last dive, he picked up a stone and told me to do the same. I held my breath and dived. It took me about four tries and on the last one, I was struggling for breath so I just picked up any stone I could find. I knew it was more of a rock since it was weighing me down slightly but alas, I reached the surface. The rock was ugly and full of little sea weed plants but I suppose that added to the character. I grew to like the rock and found it more special than some of the others since I actually worked hard to get it. This may sound like I am bad at swimming. I'm not and I'm actually quite confident when it comes to it. But, diving to the bottom of the Adriatic sea felt like an accomplishment.



I was supposed to take a better photo of it but I guess that's real life for you!😂

I hope to continue the story of a stone series. I'm going on a school history trip to Berlin next year and maybe I can get something from over there, who knows?

What do you collect when you go on holiday/travel? Let me know in the comments below to get a shout out in my next blog post.

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Follow to become a #pagetrouper and to join the #pagetrouperfam!

Btw, I am doing this new thing on my instagram where if you like my posts and comment, then I will do the same! So keep your eyes peeled.

My social media handles:

Other blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

Is figure skating a dance style? - Dance Saturday

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday