Why learning about history is important-Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I love learning about history in school. We get to learn about the funny, stupid, and also emotional parts of the past that we haven't seen in our lifetime. The most common answer to the question, "why is learning about history important?" is simply, because it allows us to learn from our past mistakes. I personally do not understand this answer. I am sure that most of us know that it is not okay to brush your teeth with sugar or to chuck a hand-grenade at someone else. Although, on the contrary, some of the biggest mistakes in history were all planted as a small seed in someone's mind. We could perhaps argue that had Gavrillo Princip not come up with the idea to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand, The First World War may have never happened.  We could also argue that had Adolf Hitler never thought of making Germany great again, perhaps, The Second World War may have never happened. It is clear, from history, that some of the greatest events have all started from one small single thought. But what is wrong about the previous answer, is not that we should learn from our mistakes, is that we should find out what we were/are capable of doing. If small thoughts lead to 2 world wars from happening, that surely tells us a lot about what we are capable of. Clearly we have not educated enough of the world about it because war and terrorism is still thriving in our society today. 

Why is learning about history important? Let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them.

See you guys next time,

Bye

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

  1. I was a history major in university. My main field of study were Tudor England to Colonial America (George III). I find it fascinating to see how people lived, the things they thought (we know because of the writings they left behind). I like learning about my ancestors (I'm descended from the Cranmers) and feel a connection to them. History is not just important for what it teaches us, but for the continuity we feel with those who have gone before us. And yes, wouldn't it be great to go back and prevent all those terrible things from happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really thought of it that way. That is a very smart way of thinking. I do wish to prevent all the bad things from happening but at the same time, this is why they do not happen today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday