David Attenborough's Dynasties says a lot about how we act as humans- Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I recently sat down and watched Dynasties by David Attenborough with my mum and my sister. The most recent episode was on lions and what they must do in order to survive and bring up their young. The episode before that was on the harsh life that the emperor penguin must endure. It was definitely hard to watch!

The first episode, however, was on chimpanzees. This episode I found the most relatable in how we act as human beings. As humans, we have quarrels and fights and even wars. None of them are obviously nice but they're harsh ways to sort out who is the fittest and strongest. When I watched the very first episode, there were two groups of chimps. One owned a huge patch of land whilst the other was rapidly trying to take over that land. They ended up getting into fights and the leader of the group ended up getting seriously injured. The leader even got separated. However, it was the way he bounced back that struck me. He lost a thumb and had a huge wound on his leg but he slowly made it back to the group and won back his title. That right there everyone, is the survival of the fittest, an evolutionary adaptation. It's not that indifferent to us. Wars,fights, and quarrels are not pleasant, but whoever is the best at standing their ground is the one who succeeds. This here, is Attenborough's message. We may be more diplomatic as humans and have more morals but our political side and the way we choose to act around others descends way back to the time of our ancestors. It also means that if you're truly dedicated to your opinion you will let nothing stop you.


Pixabay


Just a thought that I wanted to preach,

Evolution or religion? Let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

  1. I worked for many years for a natural history museum which taught evolution. I have never believed in evolution but rather adaptation. I firmly believe God created the world but people and animals (even plants) do adapt to their environment. It was very interesting about the chimpanzees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting opinion! I suppose even with a God things can still adapt and change. I however, do believe in evolution because it's not just about adaptation it's also about how animals evolve to become more adapted animals. We can see how an animal has changed over millions of years not just why it's changed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

My short story- You guys choose the title-Writing Wednesday