Blogmas day 17 - A day out in London

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Luckily today, I woke up a little better than the day before. I had coughed quite a bit during the night and Marion and Alice heard so we were a little tired waking up but my throat definitely didn't feel as soar. We got up at around 7:30am to have breakfast since we needed to catch the train at 9:27am. I had my usual tea and toast with jam. After, I got dressed, packed my bag and I was ready to go!

Me,my mum, and my sister went in one car whilst my dad, Thomas, Marion, and Romain went in the other because there wasn't enough room in one car. 

We arrived at 9:15am and we waited at the station in the warm for a little bit. We talked to some friendly people, one by the name of Dawn. They were really nice and were happy to see some more French people in the area for once. Then, at 9:27am the train arrived and we got on. It was an hour and a half journey and for the entire time, Alice, Thomas and me had to stand since there weren't enough seats available. My legs and my back were aching by the end of it!

We arrived at King's cross station and hurried quickly to get to the underground to take us to Camden Market. Once we arrived, I saw the familiar clothes stalls and amazing bold artwork. I went into one of the store since Thomas and Marion wanted to get a few items. I also tried some amazing Thai chicken which was delicious and I also saw a massive Christmas tree.









For lunch, we ate at a place called Poppie's chippy, where we ate fish and chips. This was nice because Thomas, Marion, and Romain haven't ate fish and chips before so it was a good experience. I had a battered sausage with chips and I liked how they put a side of gravy and a tiny jar of ketchup. Nice touch!





After lunch, we took the tube to Trafalgar Square. There we decided to throw coins in the fountain to make wishes and we also took a few photos by the Trafalgar Square monument. I tried to take a Polaroid of all of us but we used the wrong setting so the photo came out a little too exposed. You could still see us a bit though!




From Trafalgar Square, we walked quite a way towards Buckingham Palace. The road beside Buckingham Palace was where Rowan Atkinson shot the iconic seen in Johnny English Reborn where he speeds away from the spies on his electronic wheelchair. It was clear that the queen was in her palace since the British flag was up. I also saw one of the queen's guards doing its weird unnecessary march up and down. Lol.





From the palace, we walked to Westminster. We were hoping to see Big Ben in all its glory but we forgot that it was in the middle of renovation so it had loads of scaffolding surrounding it. I did take some nice photos of the unrenovated part of Westminster though.






After, we crossed a bridge that went over the Thames. From the bridge, I could see The London Eye, The Shard, HMS Belfast Battleship and The Girkin Tower.






Our last trip was to see The Tower Bridge. We were going to try and go to Harrods but we were running out of time and we thought the bridge would be a better experience. We took the tube since it was quite a walk and we also went past The Tower of London. We got to the bridge and it was massive but also very beautiful. I had never been to see it so it was a great experience.






Have you ever been to London? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

Writing with my right hand vs writing with my left hand - The Ambidextrous Challenge