Dance diary entry (All That Jazz Rehearsal) - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Dance diary 12/03/19 
We began the lesson with our own quick stretches so that we were warm and prepared for the jazz technique ahead. We began rehearsing our routine to All That Jazz. I struggled a lot with incorporating the larger movements with the smaller accents. For example, I struggled a lot with keeping a flexed wrist by my side whilst turning my head or lifting my other arm up and down. I also struggled to lean forward in this one section where we must lift our foot up to our knee in front of us turn slightly to the left and click our right hand beside us. It’s important that we get these small movements precise in the piece so that we keep the jazz technique authentic. Generally, I also struggled to keep up with the timing since there are some quick, complicated sections in the piece which contrast with some of the slower, simpler sections that we do.  For example, we do a quick soutenu turn to the right but 8 counts after that, we do simpler, slower kick flicks walking back on turn out. I am however good at the section where we stand in two lines and we do different kick patterns. I tried not to stomp during the kicks, and I ensured I was isolating my head from side. 

Strengths:  I was good at doing the kick section in the two lines. 
Weaknesses: I struggled to incorporate the accents with the larger movements and keep up with the different timings. 
Target(s) for next lesson: I need to try and incorporate the accents with the larger movements by taking my time on all the different sections and not rushing through them. Accomplishing this will allow me to succeed at completing the correct All That Jazz professional repertoire that we’re learning about in class. 

Jujupage1's Channel

Manchester dance trip video- Link below!


What are your strengths and weaknesses in dance? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX,Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday