How to pick up a routine quickly- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

There have been a lot of times when I've had to pick up a routine quickly. Recently, as you all know, I went to Manchester and I did workshops with teachers at a school there. I didn't pick up all the routines there because we had to go through each workshop fairly quickly but it was a good challenge for not only me, but everyone else to pick up a dance quickly. What I did do to help myself was that I would go through the routine when we did it with the teacher to make sure I got the dance then the second time we went through it with the teacher, I would not look at the teacher and I would try and remember the routine myself. I would also get into a space where I could see the teacher because quite often, people do the wrong thing in a routine because they don't see what the teacher is doing. As well as this, I would also not think about the routine too much because actually people mess up in a routine if they're thinking too much about what they're doing instead of being confident in knowing the routine. These tips helped me a lot, not only in Manchester, but also in dance lessons in and out of school. Picking up routines quickly is a skill worth grasping in dance if you can. I hope these tips helped you on your way.

If you've got any more tips,leave them in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you on Monday for a lifestyle post on our discussion on the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, The Green Tree, in our history group at school,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday