Dance diary entry: Learning a commercial routine - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

On Tuesday after school, I went to dance on my own because my sister was ill. The routine we did was a more mature piece because my sister had asked to do a more challenging routine. Even though my sister wasn't there, I still really enjoyed the dance. We began the lesson by doing a quick warm up and stretch to ensure that we were ready for the dance. The song for the routine was Light It Up by Major Lazer. I liked this song because I saw Mina Myoung do a dance to this at 1 Million Dance Studio and it looked great. There were some sections that we did on the floor which kind of involved a bit of break dancing but for the most part, the routine was very commercial and I liked that. Since there's a mixture of different ages in my class, we usually do choreography that is more simple to enhance everybody's abilities. However, there's three older girls in my class: me, my sister, and another girl and we all wanted to do something that stretched to our abilities. It was faster and more upbeat, which I really liked. There's a part in the beginning where we have to freestyle. I'm not the best at freestyle so I'm just going to come up with a couple counts of eight that I could use to fill the space. I'm sure that it will look great against the choreography we've just done, if I perform it right. Since my exam board for dance is ISTD, we usually come up with dances that are repeatable throughout the song because that's how we have to perform them in the exam. However with this routine, since we're only doing it for fun, we're doing choreography throughout the whole song which will be fun. I'm sure I'll really like the end result!💜

Which do you prefer, hip hop or contemporary? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video links:
1 Million Dance Studio 

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study