Why you should watch Studio Ghibli - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

The first ever Studio Ghibli anime I watched was My Neighbour Totoro. My Japanese grandmother came around and usually she just brings the usual, traditional, Japanese food with her for us to eat. However, this time she also gifted us the DVD version of Totoro and it was great. If you don't know who Studio Ghibli is, he is basically just this brilliant Japanese anime artist, who created all these amazing hand-drawn animations. I can't remember exactly how old I was but I was pretty young when I watched Totoro for the first time. It's about this small family, who moves to an old house in the countryside. The two sisters live with their dad and their mother is in a hospital. The youngest, Mei, finds a spirit of nature called Totoro, whilst she goes out and explores the garden. Satsuki and Mei  encounter this big, fluffy tree spirit multiple times throughout the film, especially when they are in need of help. This film is just the epitome of what the majority of everyone's childhood was like, growing up with a sibling. I watched Totoro again on Friday evening and seeing Mei copying what Satsuki was doing, reminded me of when I used to constantly copy my sister. However, this was not the only brilliant anime that was created by Studio Ghibli. There were others like Arietty, which was a play on the classic film, The Borrowers. There's also The Castle in the Sky, which is about a kingdom, called Laputa that girl and a boy find that is said to hold many riches. There's also Kiki's Delivery Service, which was about a witch who moves to a city to develop her skills and starts a delivery service for people, in order to earn money. Some of these the stories in these animes are a bit weird because they give many cultural references to Japan, that even I don't understand, but many of them I do enjoy watching and the stories are very imaginative. I've never been a big anime fan but I do appreciate the intricate art behind it all and how it captures a moment. That's what I think is so great about Studio Ghibli. Since there's artists working on the different scenes of the nimation, drawing out each section and character, they've thought about the story a lot more which means that you as the audience, can relate to it a lot more. That's why Studio Ghibli turned down some Disney offers because the computer graphics would have destroyed the whole feel of it. The time and effort put into each anime is the reason why so many people still love them to this day. They're all on Netflix in English if you wish to watch them.


Madman Anime






Have you ever watched Studio Ghibli? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video channel link:
Madman Anime

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study