A peaceful view of chickens digging🐔 - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

On Saturday, we let the chickens out of their pen so that they could run around and scratch up dirt because that's what they really like doing. Only Sunday and Parsnip ran out because it seems as though Roast was a bit ill. She wanted to stay in her egg box and not come out so we left her in there to do her thing. Today, when I'm writing this, I took her out of the pen so we could clean the egg box properly as she'd just been sitting in there for a while. When I was looking after her whilst my sister was cleaning the egg box, I realised that she had layed an egg right there on the grass! If she's seriously ill, I highly doubt she would be laying so our hopes are high that this is just some cold that she'll get over eventually. When you're looking after chickens, it can be a bit like watching a reality show. Drama, drama, drama! It's fun but when they get sick it can be a bit frustrating. (As we've already seen with the Parsnip fiasco).😂

Anyway, on Saturday, Sunday and Parsnip walked out of the pen quite happily. Our vegetable patch is giving us our final yield so we were happy for them to dig things up. Since chickens can't really see their feet they do end up digging the things you don't want them to. I saw a very slim and lonely carrot lying on top of the dirt of one of the raise beds and thought "Oh Sunday!"😂❤️ However, for the most part, they did do the dirty work for us and for that we were grateful. My dad only got rid of the big shrubbery and after that the chickens were all over the soil trying to look for worms. Sunday was the first to go, then the more independent Parsnip followed later. It's a bit disgusting watching them gnarl at a slug but you get used to it eventually!😂🐔

Chickens are really cute but an absolute pain to get back inside. It seems as though as soon as they're out they're like "Psyche, see ya later!" All you can see out of the peaceful view to the garden is a family chasing after chickens. It's quite humorous to say the least!😂

It was nice to let the chickens out anyway. It's nice seeing them do what they do best because I think there are chickens out there that don't get to be reared in that way. I think it just brings home where a chicken should be and that is outside scratching up dirt like no other. I quite frankly think that we don't let them out enough so I'm going to make it my mission to start doing that now.

Overall, the chickens seemed to be having a great time and I just wanted to document that on here!

Jujupage1's Channel


Have you ever looked after chickens? Do you have a pet? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy this funny story too!

See you next time, 

Bye, 

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Is trophy hunting an acceptable thing to do?- Writing Wednesday

How can we help our planet?-Juju

Writing with my right hand vs writing with my left hand - The Ambidextrous Challenge

How to confidently talk to people and make new relations-Writing Wednesday