The IB dance mock exam - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

On the last Friday before the half term holiday, I'm going to be doing an IB dance mock exam. This mock exam will consist of me coming up with my own choreography that I will perform as a solo piece in front of my teacher. It's not going to be as formal of an examination as the rest of the exams that I'm going to be sitting but it's still a pretty big deal since I am still going to get awarded a grade at the end of it. 

My day on Friday will begin at 9:00am and for the first part of the day, I will be working on my solo and coming up with the choreography. I think for the rest of the day we will be spending some time catching up on some theory and working on writing up the rest of our dance investigation as part of our coursework. The day will be 5 hours long and will therefore finish at 2:00pm! Ohh joy, I do love my life. However, at the same time, I am still excited to do some choreography because I love coming up with my own routines. I'm beginning to gel more with the creative side of dance because I think I'm slowly beginning to have the confidence to step outside the box and just be free. My dance teacher said that we could come up with some movements at home and bring them to the studio if we wanted to but I think that he's really just looking to see what we are able to create in the moment. I think I'm just going to go into the studio as a blank canvas and see what I can come up with on the spot. 

I don't know what style I'll be dancing to yet but my teacher will be giving us all a prompt and a motif to work with on the day so it will probably just be dependent on that. I'm just generally excited to perform the routine that I come up with because I feel as though I'm ready to just go out there and express myself. I think I am still going to be nervous about performing on my own but I'm hoping that I am able to channel those nerves into adrenalin that I can use to improve my performance.

I don't know exactly how it's all going to turn out yet but at the moment, I feel pretty confident in my potential.  

Have you ever done a dance exam or any examination in the performing arts before? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday