Ranvir and Giovanni's dramatic Argentine tango and Jamie and Karen's cool street commercial routine - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I think that there were so many amazing dances performed last Saturday on Strictly. I was really impressed by how much everyone had improved since the beginning and I think that we can really start to see who has advanced in their level of dance.

Today, however, I'm going to be talking about Ranvir and Giovanni's first Argentine tango of the 2020 series as well as Jamie and Karen's amazing street commercial routine. I think that these two dancers have really improved from the beginning and I would love to highlight that today.

I was really impressed by Ranvir's execution of the Argentine tango. It was really a superb effort. She kept her performance dramatic through her facial expressions and she really tried to remain as close to Giovanni as possible. I also really liked how still she remained in her lifts and I think that that really enhanced the execution. What I thought she could improve on for next time was keeping her legs closer to Giovanni's when she circled them around on the floor. I think that if she could also practice working on her feet a bit more so that there's a little bit more of a line going all the way down her leg, I think that would make it look a little bit cleaner in her kicks and flicks. However, for a mature woman of her age, I thought she did an excellent job and the staccato in her movements really added to the dramatic element. I've never done Argentine tango before but I know it's a difficult dance to perform because it's so different to ballroom tango. However, I think that Ranvir did a fine job and she should be very proud.😊

BBC Strictly Come Dancing⬇👇

I was really impressed by Jamie in his street commercial routine. I think that this style really suited him well and I thought that Karen did an excellent job on the choreography, as always with her street commercial routines. I liked Jamie's musicality as he really got into the groove of the music and I liked the element of break dancing that he did in the floor section. I thought that he was energetic and really kept up with Karen, which made the whole dance fun to watch. There wasn't really much for him to improve on but I do think that if he could have made some of the movements sharper, it would have further enhanced his performance. I think it was a massive step up from his Hercules performance that he did a couple weeks back though.😂 However, you can genuinely see the improvement in Jaimie's dancing and I know that with his work ethic, he will advance further in the competition.

Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to Caroline and Johannes. I was really disappointed that Maisie and Caroline were in the bottom two this week. I think that none of them deserved to be there because they are both amazing dancers and I was just saying how brilliant Caroline was last week. However, this is the nature of the competition but I just hope that Caroline doesn't stop dancing because she was really amazing.


I absolutely loved this routine. It was so funny!😂💜

What did you think of last week's performance? Who were your favourite dancers on the whole? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

Find more Strictly!

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Returning to Norfolk

Being a model and role model are two separate things