What's it like taking a Covid-19 test? - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Last week, I took two lateral flow Covid-19 tests. I took one on Monday in the school sports hall before I went back to college physically for lessons, and I took the other on Friday whilst I was in college. Before taking the tests, I was quite nervous because I didn't like the idea of putting a cotton swab at the back of my mouth and up my nose. I was worried that I would gag or have some sort of sneezing fit so I even decided to watch a video by Good Morning Britain where a doctor demonstrated how it was done, just so I knew what to expect when I was having my test done. However,  I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually no where near as bad as I thought it would be. On the video, the doctor said that you need to swipe 4 times at the back of your throat and 10 rotations up your nose but for mine I was told to only a few times at the back of the throat and up the nose so it was bearable. The good news as well was that the swab didn't really make me gag, it was just a bit uncomfortable. I did feel a slight bit of resistance when I did my nose but as the doctor said in the video, that's how it's supposed to feel. The only issues I had with the test was registering it on the government website but that was mainly down to poor administration at my school. They gave me a slip of paper with my test barcode on it but I couldn't register the barcode because I wasn't able to scan the QR code on my phone and they put the wrong website on the paper. I tried to ask for help but I was just told to try entering my details at home on my computer instead of on my phone at school. It was a bit of a faff but I dealt with it and was luckily to get my results from Monday and Friday and they were both negative. Since lateral flow is like a pregnancy test, it takes about an hour for the results to come through on your phone so it's really quick and easy. I am taking part in some kind of NHS testing scheme where they take my test results and use it for scientific research on Covid-19. I'm absolutely fine with taking the test now so I'm all up for doing that! Especially since it helps everyone around me too.

Good Morning Britain

I hope this makes you feel a little bit more confident about taking the lateral flow Covid-19 test!

Have you ever had a Covid-19 test done? Have you had your vaccination yet? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time, 

Bye, 

XOX, Juliette 

P.S. I will be posting my homemade chicken wrap recipe on Wednesday so stay tuned!

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Somme and Arras trip photos

Finding something new to study