A short diary entry from me: Exams are difficult! 😟 - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Recently, I've been playing the world's biggest juggling game of revising, doing homework, working, having a social life, and trying to live, and it's only been the first week back from the Easter holidays! I don't even like to remind myself of this fact but in a few week's time, I have my first set of IB mock examinations and I feel as though I'm walking into them with a blindfold on. I'm probably feeling this way because, like many other people, I am walking into this blind. I have a vague idea of what the papers are going to look like but really, until I set foot into that exam room, I'm never really going to know for certain. 

The areas that are most making me panic are history and nature of science because there is a lot to remember and there is a specific way you have to answer each question. In history, for the first part of the exam, we have to work through some source-based questions and these sources can include anything from historical journals, exerpts from speeches, and cartoons and photographs. In our history lessons, we've been working through picture analysis and let's just say, it's not been going smoothly. I try my best but I'm not very good at noticing the smaller details and interpreting what they mean on the wider historical context. I'm just that sort of person who has to have a bit of added background information to what I'm seeing in front of me. In nature of science, I feel as though I can remember the facts fairly easily but wording answers in the way the examiner likes it, is another story. The problem with nature of science is that it's a pilot course so there's not too much out there to help you with revision. I do know that there are GCSE exam style questions that are strongly related to the course so I will probably ask my teachers to sample me with these questions so I can at least have that extra bit of preparation in time for the exam.

Anyway, that's me venting about my issues. I do have other woes to deal with such as using the graphical display calculator in maths that just seems to slow me down so much and trying to listen intently to Japanese and understand what the hell is going on, but other than that, it's all just about the mindset for me. I do tend to get overly worried about exams and, unlike my sister, I've never been particularly good at not worrying about it until the day. I'm always frantically trying to get all the knowledge that I need to get down in time, when sometimes I just need to pace myself with my work and remind myself that I'm revising to win, not to try and get everything done. I do have a few motivational speeches that I keep going back to, in order to maintain my good mindset so I might just keep listening to them for the next few weeks to keep me going. I might also write about my problems for means of catharsis if you don't mind either! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ

Have you got any tips for dealing with exam stress? Let me know in the comments below or via DM/Facebook messenger and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Finding something new to study

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday