Preventing chronic burnout - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Recently I watched a great video by Ant Middleton on preventing chronic burnout. If you are unaware of who Ant Middleton is, he is a TV show host who has a background in the Special Forces. He presented the Channel 4 TV show, SAS Who Dares Wins, where he got celebrities and ordinary individuals to take part in an SAS taster course to see who was resilient enough to survive the challenge. Ant Middleton has gotten a lot of negative press recently and his show was recently cancelled by Channel 4 after he allegedly made inappropriate comments to some of the female members on the show. However, I have always respected Ant Middleton for his confidence and his ability to give people from a variety of different backgrounds, an authentic insight into what its like being a part of the Special Forces. On the video, Ant gave some good advice from his military experience, for how to prevent yourself from losing self control in what he called "chronic burnout." He explained that whilst he was moving from compound to compound in the military, he would view each compound as a bubble. He did this because he knew that at that point in time, when he would enter the site, his fear would be heightened and he wanted a way of containing it. He also said that many recruits got PTSD when they let fear become a part of their everyday life whilst touring countries. The bubble analogy allowed Ant to control his fear so that it didn't exhaust his body to the point where he "burnt out." Personally, I thought that this was really good advice for the military and life in general. I will probably never join the SAS but I can see how this strategy could apply to my life. I've found the start of year 13 rather stressful because I was getting a little bit overwhelmed with the workload and I was letting the fear get to me. Now, although I recognise that I'm not perfect, I am beginning to manage my stress a little bit more by using Ant Middleton's bubble analogy to help me contain it for only the times where I need to be stressed. After trying this out, I've discovered that despite the workload, I am a lot calmer generally because I have the space to breathe. If you're struggling to manage the challenges of day to day life, I would recommend using this analogy as it was super helpful. 

Big Business Events

How do you make sure that you stay in the present moment? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! 😀💜

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Somme and Arras trip photos

Finding something new to study