A short diary entry from me: A fun Saturday - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

On Saturday, I had a fun day going to the stables and spending some quality time with family. Although it was dappled with a bit of homework and a bit of revision, it was still relaxing and enjoyable nevertheless.

On Saturday evening, I posted a picture of some ponies and horses that I saw at the stables that morning. During the week, my sister is fortunate enough to work alongside these animals in this youth support group that she is now a part of. She keeps on coming home everyday, telling me about her adventures feeding and brushing the horses, mucking out their stables, and fussing over the cat that lives there. For an animal lover like me, that makes me feel ever so slightly jealous but since my dad needed some manure for the garden, I was given the perfect excuse to go and see the animals too. Although I had quite a bit of work to do, I decided to go because as my dad said, it's okay to have a break every now and then! Me and my sister cycled up to the stables whilst my mum and dad took the car. All the seats at the back of our Berlingo had to be pushed down to make way for all the manure (I know, charming πŸ˜‚) so we had to do some exercise and cycle in. Luckily it wasn't that far away from where we live so it was very much doable. It was more than well worth it too because those horses and ponies, as well as the rest of the gang, were ever so cute! I saw Florrie, Teddy, and Jerry, the little, stubby-legged Shetland ponies, as well as Tigger who was the larger, more menacing horse in comparison. I also saw the ducks, chickens, rabbits, and the speckled old cat who loved lounging in the sun. The pigs were perhaps the most grotesque as the pair trundled up to see me and my sister, keen to breath a ghastly stench right in our faces. πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ Their tusk-like molars protruded rather ungracefully from the sides of their mouths but of course, they were still cute nevertheless. I had to help shovel the horse manure into plastic bags after being mesmerised by bundles of cuteness, but I did what I really came here to do, so it didn't matter.



*

I was very excited to have a La Latina Bustaurante meal in the evening. I ordered pulled pork tostones and it was delicious. If you haven't heard of the bus restaurant before, they are a Latin American street food restaurant that offers takeaway meal options too. They used to be located in their renovated bus in Cambridge Retail Park but they have since moved to the Grafton Centre where they have their very own stall. I would highly recommend going there if you have not been already because the food is amazing. Me and my sister didn't really feel like cooking that night so we decided to get a good takeaway instead. It has now become a ritual of ours, every time we order from La Latina, to question whether or not we should have bought empanadas alongside the bags of other food that we already got, but I guess we're just overly ambitious like that. It turns out that we left the empanadas for the next day and just ate the tostones instead because we wanted to fully appreciate our food. We all did quite a lot of exercise on Saturday, from cycling and going back and forth from the stables, so the food was definitely well deserved. We finished the evening eating some cake and watching Hinterland. Let's just say, we were all very happy.



I hope you enjoyed hearing about my Saturday. It was definitely a fun day! πŸ™‚πŸ’œ

How was you Saturday? Let me know in the comments below (or via Instagram/Facebook) and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study