Is Julia Carlile Insprational?- Against the norm- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

First and foremost, welcome to this new series. Recently, I've been noticing that there has been so many more people with disabilities doing dance. Jordan Matter, a dance photographer, has even been highlighting this on his YouTube channel by inviting dancers with perhaps a tough background to explain their story and so far, his videos have blown up. This series is to explore the meaning as to why they are so inspirational to the dance community. Is it because of their disability/background, the fact that they're a good dancer, or both? This series is really just about finding out what made them an inspirational asset to society and finding out if the word inspirational over used. I would also like to say that everything that I say in these posts will all just be my opinion. If you have a different opinion to mine, I will give you the chance to explain it in the comments section below, providing that it is constructive. Now, let's get on to the blog post!

Julia Carlile is a sixteen year old dancer who is also a part of the dance group Mersey Girls. The Mersey Girls group consists of Julia herself, Alice Carlile, Poppy Gerrard, and Rebecca Jordan. Annie Winstanley was also a part of the group but unfortunately had to leave because she couldn't balance being a soloist and being with a dance troupe. Mersey Girls rose to fame in BGT (Britain's Got Talent) 2017 when one of the judges, Alesha Dixon, gave them the golden buzzer. Julia Carlile was also seen on the TV show Taking The Next Step when she performed her solo audition to Human. In all honesty, it was one of the best auditions I've probably ever seen.

When she was born, Julia had Scoliosis, which is a curvature of the spine. She hoped to win BGT so that she could get the money for her spinal surgery in America so that she could continue with her passion for dancing. Although her story was very sad, I could not help but think that she got the golden buzzer because her story was very sad and not because she danced impeccably. I can't help but think that had she not explained her story, Alesha may have not hit the golden buzzer.

I do think she is inspirational though because she danced in spite of her difficulties. And fair play to her I suppose because even though she didn't win, Simon Cowell still gave her the money because she did genuinely work hard for it. But I still can't help but think that her sad story lead to her getting the golden buzzer.

What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them.

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette!

Website used for research:
Famous birthdays

My social media handles:
Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
My book review blog

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday