How to make cheddar sticks- Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

As some of you may know, if you follow me on my Instagram, on New Years Eve I made cheddar sticks when my parents were out in London. My mum had to deliver one of her cakes to a wedding so me and my sister were in charge of dinner that night. My sister made a salmon mousse from my mum's recipe whilst I made the cheddar sticks. Along side this, we had salad and crackers etc but today, I'm going to show you how to make cheddar sticks. By the way, they were a big hit amongst my family so they definitely won't disappoint.

You will need:
400g of cheddar
4 slices of soar doe bread (for the breadcrumbs)
2 eggs
4tbs of flour
Salt,pepper, and oregano
Vegetable oil
  • Firstly I cut up the cheddar. First into long strips and then in half.
  • Then, I put the cut up sticks into a freezer bag to put into the freezer for a few minutes whilst I got everything else ready.
  • Then into trays I put in the flour, breadcrumbs (which I blitzed in a food processor) and egg (mixed in with the salt, pepper, and oregano) to get ready for dipping.
  • Then I filled a wok a third full with vegetable oil and heated it on meadium.
  • Meanwhile, I got the cut up sticks of cheddar out of the freezer and started dippinng them. First in the egg, then the flour, and then the breadcrumbs. 
  • Once that was done, I then started to fry them until they were golden brown.
Here is the end product:


Have you tried making these before? Let me know in the comments below and i'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
New video out now featuring all of your amazing comments! Check it out here!

My second blog:

Comments

  1. I have never had these but they sound wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Once you try them I'm sure you'll love them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday