Good things to gift to dancers for birthdays - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I was wondering what I should post for today's dance post so I decided to create a helpful gift-guide if you have friends or family members that are dancers. I said that this would be good for birthdays but you could also use these as gift ideas for Christmas too. So, without further ado, let's get on with the post.


  • The first thing I would recommend getting any dancer is a foot stretcher. Whether they're a ballerina or not its always helpful for any Dancer to have something that they can use to stretch out their feet. I have an elastic band that I use to stretch out and strengthen my arch and really helps to get pretty ballerina feet. I also sometimes do this before Ballroom classes to get my feet warmed up because sometimes, when I'm standing in heels for hours, they can tend to hurt. That's why I think that gifting dancers foot stretchers can be really helpful. 
  • Another gift that dancers would really find helpful is a turn board. This is a slightly bent rectangular board that you can use to turn and find your centre on. They're some really expensive ones that Mackenzie Ziegler and Kendall Vertes have made but you can get the cheaper ones that cost less money. I haven't got one but I've got some Amazon vouchers awarded to me by the school for good behaviour, and I might use the money to get one because I need to improve my turns. 
  • Another gift I would recommend for dancers is a stretching band to help improve your penché and stretch out your arabesque. That's another thing that I would like to get myself in the future because it would really help improve my leg flexibility. It can also help improve your box splits and straddle because you can loop it around both your feet and stretch out your splits. To improve your penché and arabesque, you can loop it around one arm and loop the other side round one leg. This I would find super helpful to have as a dancer.
  • I also think that gifting a dancer a foam roller to stretch out any pulled muscles, is also a good idea. I get pulled muscles all the time doing dance and I find that using my foam roller really helps to stretch out everything. All you need to do is lean your legs or your back on it and roll back and forth and you can feel significant improvements the next day. If you have any friends that do things like yoga as well, this would be a really helpful gift for them because you do get a lot of sore muscles doing yoga too.
  • Lastly, I would also recommend getting a nice leotard for your dancer friends. I got gifted one from work experience and it looks really nice, it's from Bloch and its got criss-cross straps at the back and it looks really nice. Even if you're not a ballerina, it's really useful just to have these to use while stretching or warming up.
What else is useful for a dancer to have? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Shop for the items mentioned:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

What I'm hoping to talk about in my English speaking exam- Writing Wednesday

Living in the present moment - Writing Wednesday

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday