Looking for alternative jobs - My Trip to Tanzania (Post 17) - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Recently, I just found out some rather annoying news that may disrupt some of my original plans for working over the summer. Over the holidays, I was supposed to be working a couple days with the Down's Syndrome charity, Project 21, through helping out with their day trips and dance sessions. However, because my school schedule was quite busy, I obviously didn't sign up quite quick enough for the days that I had wanted to do so other people got there before me. As my boss has already got members of staff for those days, I can't work there over the summer. My boss did suggest working on the 21st of August, assisting with the Matilda workshop at the Jerwood Dancehouse in Ipswich, but I would be coming back from holiday on that day, so it's not really possible. I was a bit annoyed at the situation but I suppose lesson learnt. If I really wanted the job, I should have perhaps applied a bit quicker because everyone is looking for jobs in the summer, especially at the moment.

However, one must not despair since there are always going to be other ways of making a bit of money over the summer that could support my expedition to Tanzania. As lockdown restrictions are easing after the 19th of July, more parents should be going out to eat so they will probably need babysitters. This is where I come in. A few months ago, I had wanted to start doing some babysitting but the third UK lockdown had started and I didn't have a lot of experience with kids. Now that lockdown is nearly over and I have experience working with kids, as well as the necessary childcare qualifications like my enhanced DBS check, I should be able to get into babysitting quite quickly. All I need to do is write an advert, put it on Facebook, and see what happens.

My mum also says that everything happens for a reason. I might have not got the Project 21 job because it's been a long, arduous, rollercoaster of a year and maybe life is just trying to tell me that I just need a bit of a break too. Especially since the course that I'm doing is challenging to say the least, I need to dedicate some much needed time for myself! Although I will hopefully be writing my first draft of my extended essay and focusing on some of my IAs over the holidays, I will also try and find some time to relax, get up late, watch TV in the morning, and have some fun because that is just as important!

Do you have any tops for finding summer jobs? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below so that you don't miss any more of my posts!

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study