My trip to London Borough Market with my mum and my sister-Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

On Wednesday, I went to London Borough Market with my mum and my sister. This was my second time visiting London over the Christmas holidays. The first time, I went to London with my family and God siblings from France and we basically did an entire tour of some key landmarks in London like Westminster, The London Eye,and HMS Belfast. You can see the blog post I did on that day here. However, this time, I went to London to get my passport changed. Since i'm French, I have to physically present myself at the desk of the French embassy whilst my dad gets to just post his passport photos. The workers at the French embassy are also not the nicest but that's just the way it is. The next time I have to change my photo is in 5 years time then after that, for the rest of my life, I only have to change it once every 10 years which isn't too much to ask. To make the day a little less boring though, we decided to go to Borough Market since our appointment was only at 3:15 pm so we had the entire rest of the day to kill so that's what we did. i will only be talking about Borough Market though, since I'm pretty sure that you don't want to hear me ranting about how bad getting my passport changed is.

I woke up at my usual time of 9:00 am since we had no rush getting into London this time. I calmly had my breakfast and watched my usual round of old Doctor Whos with my sister. Then I got changed got my stuff ready and off we went to London. It was a short drive to the train station since we live so close and before long we were on the train. I don't know why, but the train kept stopping, which slowed the journey a little more but eventually, we were off full-speed to London. When we arrived, we immediately took the tube to get to Borough Market. It was impossible to miss it, since the classic big gate leading us to it was there in front of us.

The first thing we did was have a little  walk around since although my mum has been,of course because she's a foodie, me and my sister hadn't so it was a good time to see what it was about. The whole place had a really old fashioned feel to it, like it was one of those market places you would see in a posh Victorian film. What was really beautiful about the place was the Christmas decorations that were still up. I saw this giant Christmas wreath and this amazing Christmas tree. 

After gazing in awestruck ecstasy, we decided to go and get some food. It was nearing lunch, and the place was beginning to fill up. After looking at a few stalls, we were particularly attracted to the Hog Roast stall where there was an entire bit of pork meat turning over a charcoal fire. We had the meat in a ciabatta roll with apple sauce,salsa verdes, and rocket salad. Delicious! Next we went to a French patisserie stall where I had a chocolate flavoured brionut, a pastry ball filled with chocolate creme patisserie and glazed with a lemon juice and topped with coco. Again delicious! Lastly, even though we just had dessert lol, we decided to have fried rice with fish as well as paella. The cooks performed their whole method of cooking in front of us. It was truly, something worth watching and again the food was delicious.

We ended our tour of London Borough Market by having a last little look around before finally leaving. If you have the chance to go, I would definitely recommend it. It was so much fun!

Photos from the trip:
















Have you ever been to Borough Market? Let me know in the comments below and i'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you on Wednesday for a controversial writing post on The Greatest Showman,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:
Recently uploaded a post on how i'm getting on with reading James Herriot All Creatures Great and Small, here!

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday