Why our society has become a cautious and overprotective mess- Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I've been noticing this amongst people for a while now but I could never really put what I thought into words until very recent events have occured and now I feel as though I have a suitable argument about it. There have been so many past events that have understandably caused us to to take precautions to prevent them from occurring again. A good example of this is the years of slave labour and the segregation between black and white people in America that soon followed. People have been so scarred from these devastating events which racially split good people apart that people have now become activists against it to ensure that the horror never happens again. Another example of this is the way women were treated in the past. The fact that women weren't allowed to speak there mind like men could, meant that dues to frustration, a feminist group known as the suffragettes was formed to rebel against their society's ways. Now the feminist activists still continue to fight for what they consider to be an equal society for the younger generation to grow up in. However, as my recent events have occured, I've figured that this can sometimes do more harm than good. For example, I was taught in conference day about all the ways we can identify one's sexuality and that if we accidently get it incorrect, we could potentially offend that person. Another time at my school, not mentioning any names, but there was a guy who claimed racism on a girl based on his skin colour and although what the girl had said was virtually harmless, the teacher immediately supported the supposed victim to not offend him. I find it sometimes hard to believe that people have ceased to find the common denominator in all this is that we have become cautious and too overprotective of what we say because we don't want to offend and cause problems that have affected different people in the past. Although, in reality, we could just be holding back an important view someone holds of the world. Sure, people are going to say rude things and that can be dealt in a fair and construct way but we can't start to hold back what people say or immediately take sides of the victim because otherwise we are damaging one's right to have an opinion.

What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

Is figure skating a dance style? - Dance Saturday

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday