Homeschooling, walks, and baking cookies! - 1 Year To Get To College (Post 18) - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Around Wednesday last week, my teachers sent me some work online to do at home. They needed a bit of time to get everything prepared so that was why it came midweek but nevertheless, I got down to doing some English first thing in the morning. Although the work is going to be useful for the next stage of our education (sixth form and apprenticeships), since we require our knowledge from GCSE in order to move through school, it did take a while for me to get in the mode of independently working from home. As much as I know how important it is to do this work, there's still part of me that does feel like its all a bit pointless to be honest, even though it isn't. I guess it's because we've been conditioned to work for mainly the exams. However, as my history teacher said, it's good to work for the sake of learning sometimes because as much as it's drilled into our heads otherwise, the exams are not the be all and end all. I also kind of like the process of studying and learning and since I have decided to do the IB in September (a six subject course), I do understand why this knowledge is valuable to me especially. I managed to get all my assignments done last week, despite nearly missing maths as my teacher had said he will place the work on a different part of Microsoft Teams. However, I now know the importance of learning independently and I do feel as though I'm getting to grips with it.

On my breaks, I did some walking and some baking. I did all of my walks last week with my sister because my mum was busy making the chicken hutch for the arrival of our three chickens and my dad had to finish a project for work. It was occasionally difficult to keep our distance from other people since there were so many more people going out for walks. However because our garden literally meets the field, it was quite easy to find a spot where there were no people. There's a little wooded area near the field that we took a stroll through, as well as the general walks that we took along the fens. It was really relaxing and as my mum says, good for the soul!



Me and my sister also did some baking on Saturday afternoon. We used CupcakeJemma's chocolate chip cookie recipe and they turned out great. I found that it's really difficult not to eat more than you would, whilst you're stuck at home all day and these cookies have definitely gone down quickly! I'm sure we'll be making some more in the future because they were really easy and fun to make. 




CupcakeJemma


What have you been up to during your free time? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video channel link:
CupcakeJemma

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study