Going to a Créole party for the first time!

Hi guys,

Welcome back to my blog. On Friday, I went to Créole-style party to celebrate a birthday. Now if you don't know already, in Réunion, there are two main languages that are spoken. One of the languages is French and the other is Créole French so we decided to go to a Créole party.

It was a bit spontaneous because me and my sister had only just found out that we were going to be staying over night. However, we had a great accommodation in the mountains. It was this really cool gîte. My mum and my dad had a room and me and my sister also had a room. Both rooms had en suite bathrooms which were really pretty. We didn't have to walk far to get to the venue because our room was directly in front of it. The venue was beautifully decorated with a big dance floor.

In Réunion, people always bring really nice shoes to go to parties. Unfortunately, we forgot our shoes which meant that along with our really nice outfits, we had to wear our flip-flops which didn't look the best. But after a lot of dancing, we didn't really care what we looked like.

Another tradition in Réunion, is to stay up late at parties. I struggled with this because in England, parties tend to start early and end early. So by 11pm I was already completely tired and we were only just on the starters!
However, the dancing was fun and I danced to Sega for the first time. I seemed to be getting the gist of it.
Here are some photos of the night:








Hope you've enjoyed this blog post,

See you guys in another one,

Bye

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

What I'm hoping to talk about in my English speaking exam- Writing Wednesday

Is figure skating a dance style? - Dance Saturday

Living in the present moment - Writing Wednesday