Organising work experience - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

As I've mentioned already before, back in March, I did some teaching for the Inspirations School of Performing Arts in Cambridge. I was teaching young children some street dance routines and I helped assist with their acrobatics. Although I had never assisted an acro class before and although I had to teach outside because of Covid-19 restrictions, it was still a lot of fun and I really enjoyed my week there. 

When I had finished doing the teaching with Inspirations over the Easter, I wondered whether it would be a good idea for me to do my IB work experience placement with them at their studio. If you've been following my blog for a while now, you will know that I've actually already done work experience in year 10 when I was still in secondary school. I was initially confused as to why we were doing work experience in year 12, when I'm in sixth form, but I guess it's just another part of the IB course that we all have to complete. It sounds a bit weird to be doing work experience again but I'm going to take this opportunity now to gain some experience for better jobs in the future. This will hopefully help my fundraising for my Tanzania trip next year, so it's still something worthwhile doing. I was sitting in the car with my mum on the way home from dance and, as if reading my mind, she suggested doing work experience with Inspirations. Consequently, when I got home I reminded myself to send them an email and a text message about my request.

Although they were a little bit busy, the dance school got back to me a couple weeks later saying that they would be more than happy to accept my one week placement. As of today, as I'm writing this, they've just sent me an email with a class timetable for the week starting the 7th of June, just after May half term. It looks like I will be assisting in the acro and street dance lessons throughout the entire week, which sounds super fun! They have also asked me if I could do some extra teaching over May half term but I had to decline because I'm actually going on holiday with my family to Wales. I think I need a bit of a change of scenery after my hectic mock exams so I'll definitely need that holiday. Nevertheless, I'm still excited to do that bit of work experience and I'm grateful that they were able to accept me.

Now I just need to sign a few forms to let my school know where I'll be working, so hopefully that will be done soon. I know some other people in my year group have been struggling to find good placements during this current climate so I'm very  unhappy thankful that I was able to sort everything out fairly quickly. I will let you guys know how it goes in June!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’œ

Have you ever done work experience before? If so, what did you do? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study